Sunday, March 20, 2011

My language learner identity

I came from fujian, China. I can speak Chinese, I am learning English now. I wanted to learn Spanish. Chinese, English, Spanish are the most popular in the world. Who can teach me Spanish? My classmates. Thanks!
I was poor in English, reading ability, writing ability, and speaking ability. These three are very important to language learner. I prefer in Chinese to do everything, but, I am in America now, I can’t do it. English, English, it made me in a big trouble. Poor community skill, I didn’t suit the style of life. I don’t have choices, try to do best.
Vocabulary is the biggest problem to me, poor vocabulary always made me in trouble. I can’t understand the sign in the street, it made me lose my confidence. So, I always shirk these problems, speak Chinese with my Chinese friends. Use Chinese to do everything, including community, writing, and reading. Writing Chinese, reading Chinese novels, use Chinese website, and everything. When I spoke English with my friend, I always nervous, I can’t speak fluent what I want to say. I have to overcome this. Try to do my best to suit it. To make my English ability as my Chinese ability. Everything will be easy after our striving.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Tony,

    Although you should use your first language and keep it up (and don't lose it), you should definitely use English more in order to keep improving it, too. You can improve vocabulary and fluent idiomatic phrases by reading, reading, reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same problems as you have.
    Maybe we need more practice and more confident.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a same problem with you. Always use Chinese to do anything. I think we also lack of perseverance to study English. I hope we can improve our English according to this class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you, because i always have the same problem like you. so when i wanna talk to people i always have nothing to talk just because i don't have more vocabulary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's fine, people who comes to another counies, they have same problem to learn English. So we need study hard,this only one way we can get better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have same problem with English and i want learn more English much as i can.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is great that you want to learn English and Spanish. I hope,oneday you will able to know three languages.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The more english you will talk the less nervous you will get.

    ReplyDelete
  9. U will improve your English in our class. We all have some problems. That why we are in this class.

    ReplyDelete